Contact Us


  • Email:
  • Transcript Request
  • Email:
  • Phone: +1-505-830-3128
  • Extensions:
  • 0 – Front Office/Administration
  • 1 – Special Services
  • 2 – Academic Dean
  • 3 – Business Office
  • 4 – Arts Coordinator
  • 5 – Attendance Line
  • 6 – Registrar
  • 7 – Social Worker
  • 8 – Health Office
  • 0 – General Mailbox
  • Fax: +1-505-830-9930


If you are looking for afterschool care try the following programs:

Jeanne Bellamah Center
Register for afterschool care by searching this website for afterschool care Jeanne Bellamah Center:

11516 Summer NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505) 767-5910

McLeod Family YMCA
12500 Comanche Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87111
(505) 595-1515


Please note – PAPA has moved.

Public Academy for Performing Arts
11800 Princess Jeanne Ave NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112


School Year 2022-2023

Monday – Friday – 7:00am – 4:30pm | Saturday & Sunday – Closed

Bell Schedule 22.23
PAPA 22.23 Calendar
Inclement Weather 

If ALL of APS is on a delay or closes, we close.  If we close, Mrs. Chavez will notify you via School Messenger/email.

If only mountain schools are delayed or closed, we are open at our regular time. We are not an APS mountain school. This information is available in our parent/student handbook posted on our school website. 


PAPA is an equal opportunity employer 2022-2023 school year. PAPA is a highly successful charter school focusing on college preparation and performing arts.
Current Openings
Executive Director 2023-2024 School year

PAPA is seeking a candidate for Executive Director for the 2023-2024 school year. Please send cover letter and resume along with 3 references to

Supporting Teachers and Families, become a Sub! Click Here

Seeking candidates to Substitute Teach for grades 6-12 for the 2021-2022 School Year. Applicants must be licensed through the New Mexico Public Education Department. If interested please call Financial Assistant Jackie Danfelser at (505) 830-3128 ext 3 to set up an appointment to pick up at Substitute Teacher package.


Contact Form – Do not use this for Transcript Requests

1 Step 1
Nameyour full name
Commentsmore details
0 /
reCaptcha v3


What kind of school is the Public Academy for Performing Arts?

PAPA is a public charter school funded through the NM Public Education Department and authorized by Albuquerque Public Schools. PAPA is governed through a council of 5-7 parents and community members. PAPA provides students in grades 6-12 with a college preparatory education and an elective focus on performing arts.

What is the mission of PAPA?

PAPA’s mission is to integrate a rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the performing arts and prepare students to pursue their passions and talents.

Will PAPA increase its student enrollment?

The current enrollment is 450. Increasing enrollment is contingent upon construction projects which are on hold.

How do I enroll my child at PAPA?

Students gain admission into PAPA by participating in our annual Lottery. The next lottery window opens January 10, 2022. As part of the lottery process all students are urged to complete an essay “What strengths would you bring to Public Academy for Performing Arts?” (no word count requirement) and encouraged to also attach a letter of recommendation from a teacher, arts instructor or other community member or leader who is familiar with the student’s performing art(s) area of interest.  Submission is to gauge performing arts interest and will in no way effect lottery placement.

Does PAPA provide transportation?

PAPA does not provide transportation.  However, many parents are willing to carpool. If you would like to sign-up for the carpool list – click here.

How much does it cost to attend PAPA?

There is no tuition to attend PAPA. However, there are some fees associated with extra curricular activities associated with academic and performing arts classes to cover the cost of things like transportation, entrance fees, meals and costumes.


Can I have a tour of PAPA?

We welcome you to attend the Prospective Student Open House which is held annually in February.

Does PAPA allow prospective students to shadow current students?

PAPA does not offer shadowing. However, you are welcome to attend any PAPA performance. Most are low cost or free. Check out the calendar on our website for dates, time and cost.  We also hold a Prospective Student Open House in February.

Where do student performances take place?

PAPA performs at different venues throughout the city including other high school PAC’s, NHCC, churches, theaters, etc.  Phase 2 of the current construction project includes a performing arts center.

What is the best way to contact teachers when I have a concern?

The most efficient way is through email.  All staff emails follow the same format with the first letter of the first name followed by the last name and

How do I obtain a transcript?

You may request academic records from the PAPA Registrar, Ms. Candelaria. Her email address is  Please allow 24 hours for your request to be processed.

How do I access my child’s Power School information?

PAPA Registrar, Ms. Debbie Candelaria would be happy to help you with the Power School process. You can email her at

My child needs to take medicine at school. What should I do?

You will need to have your child’s physician fill out a PAPA Med Authorization 2021-2022. Bring the prescription in the original bottle and the completed form to the front office. It will be stored in a Medicine Safe Lock Box. Medications will be given as per the instructions provided by your child’s physician.  Please note, PAPA does not allow students to carry any medication at school.

Does PAPA serve breakfast?

Yes, due to the pandemic, we are serving breakfast now. 730-755am.

Where do I get questions answered concerning my child’s attendance?

Please call 830-3128 ext 0, visit the front office during business hours – 7:30am to 4:30pm

If your child has an upcoming arts or sports absence you will need to complete a Student Activities Absence Approval Request Form.

If my child plans to return to PAPA next year what do I need to do?

Please fill out the online Intent to Return form by February 14, 2021.

Are extracurricular activities excused?

You must fill out a Student Activities Absence Approval Request Form and submit it along with supporting documentation a week before the absence. Here’s a link to the form:

Performing Arts Absence Approval Request Form

My student is sick – how do I notify the school?

Please call the attendance line at (505) 830-3128 ext 5. If your child is out of school because of an appointment we are happy to excuse the absence with a doctors note. You can email a note to

You can also fax the note to (505) 830-9930.

You can also mail the note to:

Public Academy for Performing Arts
11800 Princess Jeanne Ave NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
Attn: Attendance