Announcements Week of 11/14/22
PTSO Poinsettia Sale
Don’t miss out on a beautiful poinsettia or a gift card Mystery Bag! Place your orders here https://sites.google.com/view/papaptso/eventsby Friday 11/18/22.
PTSO Poinsettias pick up dates & times this week below:
Wednesday November 16 – 3:00-3:45PM
Thursday November 17 – 7:30-8:10AM
Thursday November 17 – 3:00-4:30PM
Friday November 18 – 3:00-3:45PM
PTSO Meeting this Wednesday
1) Join the PTSO this Wednesday, 11/16 at 6:30pm for our November meeting!
Meeting ID: 856 3589 5351 Passcode: papapanda
8th Period Lite
The next 8th Period Lite is 11/16. There will be no 8th period classes, study hall provided for those that cannot get picked up after 7th period. (November 16th, December 7th, January 18th, February 15th, March 15th, April 19th)
PAPA Vaccine Event December 1st:
Register to get your COVID Omnicron Booster at school! The actual vaccination process will be quick, less than 2 minutes, especially if you pre-register for the event. Parents, guardians and other family members are allowed to participate. Please have them register in advance so we have enough vaccine available. We have Premier Medical Group coming in December 1st from 8am-12 pm.
The link to registration is: https://vaccinenm.org/registration.html
The code that is required is:SRKSZPA
Individuals will be able to register before if they would like and if not, we can register them at the event. When it comes to minors, parents/guardians need to be present for anyone under the age of 13 to get vaccinated, we do not accept paper consents prefilled. Ages 14 to 17 need to have their parents/guardian pre-register them through the portal and give consent online.
- Senior Studio Photo (your glamour shots taken by a professional for your yearbook) due 11.15.22. Email .jpg 300dpi to Ms. Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Senior Showcase Panel on November 21, 2022 will be “Independent Study as decided upon by Mentor and Mentee.” Students – check in with your mentor before the 21st and they will instruct you as to what to do. You will be given a grade for your progress (or lack thereof).
- Students, do you have missing work from being out sick? Work on missing assignments, or study during lunch or 8th period Monday-Thursday from now until final exams. Study Hall is mandatory for students failing or in danger of failing classes. Study Hall
- Climate crew meets every Thursday during Middle school lunch from 12-12:20 in Mrs. Cunningham’s room-room 11. Anyone interested is welcome to join us.
- Hey, PAPA People! Remember that this is the last week for our Roadrunner Food Drive. Please bring your canned goods to your first period teacher. The class that brings the most will win a DONUT PARTY! Food is a human right, so let’s provide that for people who need it.
- Alongside is a nonjudgmental mental health chatbot that helps in times of stress anxiety sadness anger try it today. app.alongside.care log in with your school email.
- PAPA Students can go see UNM Theatre and Dance Shows for only FIVE DOLLARS! Use the code UNMtheatreanddance (all one word) either online or at the ticket window on UNM campus. Check out the schedule of shows in the MS and HS Google Classroom.
Craft Fair to benefit Student Council & Pancake Breakfast to benefit Choir trip to NY
- The annual PAPA Craft fair is coming up on Saturday, November 19, from 9 AM to 1 PM.
- Come shop, eat pancakes and get a picture with with Santa and Mrs. Claus, food, and special perfomances.
- If you or someone you know would like to be a vendor in the craft fair, seem Mrs. Muniz or Ms. Wray for the forms.
- Vendor Forms can also be found on the PAPA website calendar. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yXFvGTurTquco1AGxjt6bgvaNNCpdrD5I1ZbUarZnac/edit?usp=sharing
Do not be late to school. Attending all classes on time everyday is important. “When students improve their attendance rates, they improve their academic prospects and chances for graduating.”-Attendance Works