Announcements for the Week of 11/15/21
A special shout out and thank you to PAPA’s cook, Procopio Padilla for an outstanding Thanksgiving lunch prepared with red chili and cranberry sauce. We hope that we can share this meal with families next school year.
- The Student Advisory Council and Student Health Advisory Council will be meeting November 16th at 3:30 pm in room 2.
- National Honor Society is meeting on Tuesday November 16th at lunch in room 2.
- The PAPA Equity Council will be meeting Wednesday 11/17 @3:30pm in Mr. Simpson’s room, room 14.
- Here is a link to current COVID testing sites, https://cvprovider.nmhealth.org/directory.html. You can sign up for an appointment from curative here: https://curative.com/sites/14886, or order a no-cost vault test to complete at home here: https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nm/. Be sure to contact the school if your student is feeling unwell.
- Here is a list of COVID symptoms for school: https://mcusercontent.com/fe07174c30216027e5fab1fde/files/aa35373e-960e-e191-b4b6-ff26e6f98444/NMPED_CSP_flyers_1_.pdf
- Registrer and schedule your child 5-up for a COVID Vaccine here: https://goodtimes.vaccinenm.org/dependents/
- NJHS will be having a Sunset with a glorious hot air balloon, if weather allows. This event is open to all students November 19th from 4:30-6:30 PM. Admission is $2 or 5 canned goods. A light refreshment will be provided with admission. Crafts will be available to purchase along with additional food and drinks, so bring some extra money. All proceeds will go to the 8th grade reward day and Roadrunner Food Bank. In the week leading up to the event we will also be having a canned food drive for Roadrunner Food Bank where students can bring canned goods into their 1st period and the class that collects the most cans will receive a Donut Party! Hope to see you at the event!
- Thank you to ALL students who auditioned for spotlight! All acts who auditioned will receive an e-mail by tomorrow! Everyone, don’t forget Spotlight is this Thursday, November 18 at lunch! It will be chilly, so wear your jackets, hats, and gloves and check out all of the new Spotlight acts for November!
- Save the date for the Chill Factor. High School Musical Theatre is proud to present A Musical Theatre Showcase and fundraiser, Tuesday November 30th at 7pm at the MTS Black Box Theatre. One night only, only 100 seats available. Ticket information will be shared soon, watch for an email about onthestage.
- There is no school for students November 22nd staff has an in-service meeting, no school for all Novemeber 23-26.
- We wish all of our PAPA families a safe and healthy Thanksgiving break. We are grateful you choose PAPA for your child’s educational needs. We wish our PAPA staff a restful break and thank you for your service to our school. Happy Thanksgiving all.
- School resumes November 29th. The final exam schedule will be shared after the break.