Announcements for the Week of 10/25/21
Public Academy for Performing Arts Announcements for Week of 10/25/21
- The next PAPA COVID and Flu vaccine will be October 27th, that’s this Wednesday. Any student or person (12 and older) may get their COVID vaccine with a parent permission form available in the front office and here: COVID. Flu shots for students and adults are available for free for people with the following insurance: Blue Cross Blue Shield, Western Sky Community Care, Molina, or Liberty. Here are the forms; Child Flu, Adult Flu. Please return your form to the front office so we can be sure to reserve your vaccine.
- The PAPA Equity Council will be meeting Wednesday 10/27 @3:30pm in Mr. Simpson’s room and is an open meeting for the PAPA community, parents, and students.
- On November 5th, all 11th-grade students will participate in the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is a heavily researched and well-respected aptitude test developed by the department of defense. It measures a young adult’s strengths and potential for success in military training and provides insight into potential future career and education strengths.
- Red Ribbon Week refers to “the nation’s largest and longest-running drug-use prevention campaign.” The Red Ribbon Campaign aims to lead and support our nation’s families and communities in nurturing the full potential of healthy, drug-free youth. This week we want everyone to help us in showing that PAPA is a safe and drug-free environment! We challenge all students to create posters advocating for healthy, drug-free lives, including vaping. Students have until Thursday to turn their posters in at the front office to be considered for the art contest. NHS will vote for their favorite poster(s) and the winner(s) will both have their poster hung around campus and receive a prize!
- Congratulations to Mr. Simpson’s 1st-period class for the highest participation in the spirit dress day “Wear Red” today 10/25/21. See the pictures for more details.
- If you would like to send a boo gram to a friend, bring $1 at lunch to the NHS table. Boo Grams will be sold Monday-Thursday and delivered on Friday. Parents you may purchase a boo gram for your student in the front office with $1 cash in the front office during school hours.
- Congratulations to all of our pumpkin artists. With 21 different and great designs, it was a close contest. Please help us congratulate three honorable mentions for their work; Grace Gessing, Isabel Arenas, and Rumi Pecastaing, 3rd place winner Mara Sedrel, 2nd place winner Maya Dodge, and 1st place winner Ekaterina Ivanchov. Well done!
- Group Photos, individual headshots for students that have not had their photo taken this year, and Senior cap and gown photos will take place tomorrow, 10/26/21. Students, please wear the uniform your class and teacher have discussed with you.