October 23, 2018
MS REWARD DANCE
The Middle School Reward Dance is tomorrow. If you do not get an invite but had no D’s or F’s on your report card, check in with Mrs. Torrez before tomorrow.
SAC/SHAC Meets Today!
SAC/SHAC meeting will take place today at 3:30pm in Room 2. If you are interested in serving on SAC (School Advisory Council) or SHAC (School Health Advisory Council), we welcome your attendance at the meeting! Here is the agenda:
- Report on PAPAPalooza!
- APS Performance Framework
- PAPA Security
- Policy Input
- Food Service Audit
DUAL CREDIT INVITE
The CNM Spring Registration window for dual credit enrollment is now open. You are required to meet with Ms. Maestas before registering. If she is not available, just sign up outside of her door and she will meet with you this week.
LOST NOT FOUND
We will be clearing the Lost and Found Box weekly. Please check for your items every day before you leave PAPA. We will clear the box this Friday after High School lunch.
Wizard of Oz
Attention actors, singers, and dancers! The Wizard of Oz audition sign up sheets have been posted. Please stop by the call boards across from the front office, or outside of room 19 to read the audition information sheet; then take a picture of the info sheet, and share it with your parent or guardian to get permission to participate before you sign up for auditions. Auditions for The Wizard of Oz will be held October 29th, 30th, and 31st during 8th period. Again, please get permission from a parent or guardian to participate before signing up. If you are in the 8th period Musical Theatre Dance or Theatrical Production classes you do not need to sign up for auditions.
Auditions for the Wizard of Oz will take place October 29, 30, and 31 in the Choir Orchestra Building during 8th period. You must be able to attend all three days of auditions.
Monday, October 29: Monologue Audition
Tuesday, October 30: Singing Audition
Wednesday, October 31: Dance Audition
If you would like to audition for the Wizard of Oz please read the following information and then sign up for an audition spot below.
READ BEFORE SIGNING UP:
- The Wizard of Oz will rehearse during 8th period from November 5th to April 5th. If you cannot be present during 8th period for rehearsals, please do not audition.
- The Wizard of Oz will be in Technical Rehearsals after school on April 8, 9, and 10 at Albuquerque High School, call times TBD. If you cannot be present for Technical Rehearsals off campus after school on those dates, please do not audition.
- The Wizard of Oz will run April 11, 12, and 13 in the evenings at Albuquerque High School, call time TBD. If you cannot be present for evening shows at Albuquerque High School on those dates, please do not audition.
- PAPA will not provide transportation for students to Technical Rehearsals or Shows. If you do not have permission from your reliable transportation to attend these off campus events, please do not audition.
- Be prepared to introduce yourself and the selection you are presenting for both the monologue audition, and the singing audition. (Example: “Hi, my name is Josh Heard, and today I will be performing a monologue from Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon.”)
- 1 minute selection of a Song from a Musical. You must be able to provide sheet music for accompaniment, or an audio track that can be played through our speakers.
(If you cannot find a song, please be prepared to sing the Star Spangled Banner or My Country Tis of Thee.)
- 1 minute monologue from a play, a monologue website, or a monologue book.
Dance appropriate clothing for the dance portion of the audition.
-Please order lunch during 2nd period, if you are not here or forget, let the front office know right away.
-Breakfast tomorrow: Breakfast burrito, fresh fruit, milk
-Lunch today: Ham n Cheese croissant, veggies, applesauce, milk
-If you want to eat lunch today, let your teacher know. Teachers please enter the number of students for lunch into PowerSchool
Breakfast and Lunch Menu Link: