PTSO Meeting Monday April 4, 2016 5:30PM P5
5:38 – call to order
I. Introductions – none
II. Approval of Last Minutes Meetings – Jenn would like a copy, will bring to next meeting.
III. Treasure’s Statement
A. Current Balance = 8400.33 checking, 501.18 savings
B. Received check from Sandia for 219.80
IV. Wish List Grants
A. None asked for
B. There may be needs for Prom, will wait to see if requested.
C. Talking Talons for 7th grade science class, approved from March, waiting on costs.
V. Old Business
A. Audit Committee positions still open (2) – Valorie Greigo has volunteered, still need one more.
B. Basket Committee still needed
1. Christina Wright will take over.
2. Will email teachers ASAP about gathering for baskets, baskets already purchased, just need to be filled. Need items by April 15th
3. Sign Up Genius needed for Papapolooza volunteers – will email Naomi for needs.
4. Ask Mr Bailey about students donating artwork sales to PTSO as a fundraiser with baskets.
VI. New Business
A. PTSO 2016-2017
1. Per by-laws April meeting should have been an election to choose new board positions, no one has come forward for board positions, if anyone would like to be on the PTSO board we can have an election at May meeting. Will post on FB group and have something added to morning announcements if parents are interested. If you read this and are interested email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Propose one meeting in August to set up committees who will then meet on their own, board meetings will be held quarterly, anyone will be welcome to attend.
B. Teacher Appreciation – date set for May 18th, Sandy will head this up.
C. Look into purchasing flowers or seeking a donation of for 36 seniors during their farewell.
D. New Student Orientation – GC will bring coffee, have one sign up for donuts, Christina will bring more, Ri will be there with PTSO information.
E. Joint meeting April 26th, GC, PTSO, and Foundation 4pm.
F. Dates set for next years events with Ms. Winn: Spaghetti Dinner, Oct 14th or 28th (may also be carnival date), Teacher Apprecitations Dec 15th and May 17th, Papapolooza March 16th.