Happy Holidays to all our PAPA Families!
Finals week will be over before you know it and it will be time to relax with our families and friends for a couple of weeks.
Before we “break,” just a reminder about a couple of things coming up in the new year (can you believe it’s 2015 already!)
- We will have a brunch for the teachers and staff on Tuesday, January 6th. The kids will not be back to school, but the teachers will have an in-service day. Please sign up for an item on the following link to bring before the break or an item to bring the day of the brunch. Thanks! (We are also accepting cash and checks for monetary donations for those who might not be able to be there or help out that day!) If you can help on that day before school starts please contact us at email@example.com or let Sandy Dierks know!
- PAPApalooza is coming up fast! PAPApalooza is set for March 5, 2015 at the South Broadway Cultural Center. We will be having our basket raffle again so keep donations in the back of your mind as we work our way through the holiday season! Sometimes your “not so perfect” gift can be someone else’s “perfect prize!” And we always need baskets if you get any nice ones for Christmas you’d like to donate!
– Remind students to be working on ideas for their PAPApalooza Acts! Auditions will happen late January/Early February!
– If you are available to help with the basket raffle coordination please let us know!
- Our next PTSO meeting will take place in January to discuss some significant changes coming up with the PTSO…please be on the lookout for the meeting if you want to see us continue to offer our current level of support to the PAPA community (or maybe increase it!)
- 2015 Spaghetti Dinner!!!
– We are in dire need of a coordinator/committee for next year’s dinner and show. At this point, if we cannot get a committee for the dinner, it WILL NOT HAPPEN. If anyone is interested in keeping this event “alive” at PAPA–WE NEED YOU! Or a group of you! If you are interested please contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A special Thanks goes out to 6th Grader Alivia Abernathy’s family….mom Jennifer and Grandma Barbara…for their coordination of the Classroom lockdown kits for PAPA. These kits (which we hope never to have to use but are grateful that they are there “just in case”) were distributed last week to each PAPA Portable. THANK YOU!!!
- And finally, Thank You to everyone for their support and encouragement this year. Whether you are contributing items for testing week or coordinating snacks for our “hungry student” pantry or volunteering your time to chaperone at the Spaghetti Dinner or donate items for the Student Council Carnival or Prom…we APPRECIATE YOU! We hope everyone has a relaxing and peaceful holiday season and a SAFE, restful break! We’ll see you all in 2015!
for the PAPA PTSO….