Thank you to everyone who came out to PAPAPalooza last night! Our students did awesome on stage and special thanks to PAPA Alum Alex White (class of 2011) and our very own Mr. Romero! You guys did a fantastic job as our MCs! Also…the unsung heroes of the show…the tech crew! Jenna, Daniel, Xazziel, Kerry, and Michael…You guys rock!
Congratulations to Ms. Woodford’s second period statistics class! Their Basket “Treat Yourself” was the winner with 143 tickets. Second place was Ms. Beck’s Theater Group with 110 tickets. Thank you to everyone who participated in the basket raffle by either contributing basket items or buying raffle tickets last night!
PAPApalooza is coming up in 2 weeks on March 5th, 7pm at the South Broadway Cultural Center on the west side of Broadway just north of Cesar Chavez/Bridge Rd. Admission will be at the door and will be $10 for adults and $5 for students and teachers.
The link here is for a few folks to come by and help make the event happen! Fewer this year than the last few years because we won’t be having a snack bar this year. If you are available to help out please sign up in one of the slots in the link!
If you have any questions regarding PAPApalooza this year please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 553-9498.
PAPA PTSO looking for 2015-2016 Board Members and Volunteers!
Our PAPA PTSO needs you! Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles…if you are part of the PAPA family we could use your help! The current PTSO president is moving back to the mid-west over the summer and our PTSO needs board members! We are looking for people to fill President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary positions. We could even have “co-board” members if people would like to work together.
Please email email@example.com
The PTSO will have a meeting at 5:00pm on Tuesday, January 27th in the Café. The agenda includes PAPAPalooza! planning the future of PTSO.
- PAPApalooza is coming up fast! PAPApalooza is set for March 5, 2015 at the South Broadway Cultural Center. We will be having our basket raffle again so keep donations in the back of your mind as we work our way through the holiday season! Sometimes your “not so perfect” gift can be someone else’s “perfect prize!” And we always need baskets if you get any nice ones for Christmas you’d like to donate!
– Remind students to be working on ideas for their PAPApalooza Acts! Auditions will happen late January February!
– If you are available to help with the basket raffle coordination please let us know!
- 2015 Spaghetti Dinner!!!
– We are in dire need of a coordinator/committee for next year’s dinner and show. At this point, if we cannot get a committee for the dinner, it WILL NOT HAPPEN. If anyone is interested in keeping this event “alive” at PAPA–WE NEED YOU! Or a group of you! If you are interested please contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A special Thanks goes out to 6th Grader Alivia Abernathy’s family….mom Jennifer and Grandma Barbara…for their coordination of the Classroom lockdown kits for PAPA. These kits (which we hope never to have to use but are grateful that they are there “just in case”) were distributed last week to each PAPA Portable. THANK YOU!!!
- And finally, Thank You to everyone for their support and encouragement this year. Whether you are contributing items for testing week or coordinating snacks for our “hungry student” pantry or volunteering your time to chaperone at the Spaghetti Dinner or donate items for the Student Council Carnival or Prom…we APPRECIATE YOU! We hope everyone has a relaxing and peaceful holiday season and a SAFE, restful break! We’ll see you all in 2015!
for the PAPA PTSO….