Public Academy for Performing Arts
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
2016-2017 School Year
The Public Academy for Performing Arts is looking for student-focused individuals, dedicated to teaching Content Standards, and willing to work harder than ever before in an award winning charter school!! If that is you and you are certified in SPED (preference – highly qualified in gifted, math and or science). Don’t hesitate to send a cover letter and resume along with 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Performing Arts Academy Foundation, a non-profit organization created to provide monetary support for the Public Academy for Performing Arts (PAPA) Charter School, is seeking members to fill positions on the Board of Directors. This volunteer position includes the following qualifications:
- Must have a strong belief in the mission of PAPA, “The Public Academy for Performing Arts is a public charter school that integrates a rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the performing arts and prepares students to pursue their passions and talents.”
- Must possess business or organizational competency.
- Must be a long-range, strategic thinker.
- Must be willing to give time and money to see the foundation’s mission accomplished.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Must be willing to lead and participate in multiple fundraising campaigns.
If interested, send a letter of interest and resume to Mark Padilla, PAPA Governing Council President at email@example.com.
Two of our current Governing Council members are closing out their terms in August. We are now forming a nominating committee to choose potential candidates to replace them. These candidates will be publicly announced to the GC at the April 26, 2016 meeting, further reviewed by the GC, and then shall be voted on at the May 24, 2016 meeting. These new GC members will be elected to complete the vacancy term (through the 2018/19 school year). Be aware that all GC members are required to meet for 2-4 times per month (including committee meetings), attend performances when able, and serve as ambassadors for PAPA within the Albuquerque community. The total time commitment can be up to 10 hours per month. We’d love to have you join the PAPA team! If you care to nominate someone who possesses the time, energy, and vision to help guide PAPA to the next stage of excellence, contact the committee chairman, Jennifer Lopez, at 505-830-3128 ext.1 or firstname.lastname@example.org