Public Academy for Performing Arts
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
2016-2017 School Year
Hiring 6-12 Spec Ed Teacher with math and/or science endorsement preferred. Willing to allow for a flexible schedule. Please send cover letter and resume along with 3 references to email@example.com. Visit our website at www.paparts.org
The Performing Arts Academy Foundation, a non-profit organization created to provide monetary support for the Public Academy for Performing Arts (PAPA) Charter School, is seeking members to fill positions on the Board of Directors. This volunteer position includes the following qualifications:
- Must have a strong belief in the mission of PAPA, “The Public Academy for Performing Arts is a public charter school that integrates a rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the performing arts and prepares students to pursue their passions and talents.”
- Must possess business or organizational competency.
- Must be a long-range, strategic thinker.
- Must be willing to give time and money to see the foundation’s mission accomplished.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Must be willing to lead and participate in multiple fundraising campaigns.
If interested, send a letter of interest and resume to Mark Padilla, PAPA Governing Council President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PAPA Governing Council (GC), comprised of PAPA parents and community members, maintains our school’s vision and mission through policy creation/revision, oversees our fiscal well-being, propels strategic planning, and supervises/evaluates our Executive Director. We are now forming a nominating committee that will help the current Governing Council choose an individual to fill a vacancy on the GC that has occurred due to the expiration of a previous member’s term. The new GC member will be elected to complete the vacancy term which is through the 2019-2020 school year. Preference will be given to a candidate who can take on the role of GC Secretary, which includes recording, keeping, and disseminating the minutes of the meetings. Please be aware that GC members are required to meet for 2-4 hours per month, attend performances when able, and serve as ambassadors for PAPA within the Albuquerque community. The total time commitment can be up to 10 hours per month. If you care to nominate someone who possesses the time, energy, and vision to continue guiding PAPA to the next stage of excellence, contact the committee chairman, Jennifer Lopez, at 505-830-3128 ext.1 or email@example.com.