The staff at PAPA is very excited to meet our new students and welcome everyone to the 2016-17 school year! Following is important information your child will need for the first day of school:
1. All summer packets are due on Thursday, August 11th, the first day of school. There will be no exceptions except the brand new students we have recently called in August. Summer packets will not be accepted at a later date. The summer packet is worth 10% of the first quarter grade in both Math and English.
2. Thursday activities start promptly at 8:00am with preparation for PAPAfest! Students report to their designated first period. Those who have no first period will report to the Café. All Seniors will report to the Café. Students will be placed in groups for PAPAfestivities . Along with their summer packet, your child should bring a pencil. Once the groups are formed, students will be led to different stations/activities throughout the morning that will help kick off the school year on a positive note. The sessions include Arts Opportunities, Setting Goals for Success, Caring for Your School, Organization, Vision Building, and Summer Packet Submission.
3. Parents are invited to have a hotdog lunch with their child beginning at 12:45pm in the Café. We will spend the afternoon getting to know the school, visiting with teachers, and listening to talented student performers during Open Mic.
4. We didn’t think the lockers would be anchored by the time school started, but they are! Therefore, we are ready to assign lockers. We will allow students to decorate their lockers following the guidelines in the attachment and pasted below the e-mail. To reiterate, no permanent marking, etching, painting or any kind of permanent glue, tape, etc. may be used. We suggest magnets and sticky tack. In order to sign up for a locker, your child needs to bring a lock. The combination or extra key will be turned in to the office. After lunch on Thursday, your child can decorate his/her locker.
5. School dismisses at 3:18pm. There will be no 8th period. We will begin regular class schedules on Friday, including 8th period.
6. We looked into a possible after school program with the Y. Unfortunately, that will not be available to us this year. We have e-mailed out the carpool lists. If you want to be added, email email@example.com.
Again, we are looking forward to starting what will surely be an awesome year with PAPA students!