The staff at PAPA celebrates student success in academics and the performing arts. Our faculty prides themselves in offering the very best instruction available to public school students. Students are encouraged to select a rigorous set of courses. The more rigorous the course loads in high school, the more prepared students are for college and beyond. Teachers have high expectations, promote student accountability and responsibility, and provide support where it is needed. Students will achieve the highest level of success if they attend all classes, engage in instruction, and complete all assignments. Most of all, the staff wants to see each student develop talents and acquire skills that will prepare them for college and help them to become successful, productive adults.
Support OpportunitiesTargeted Assistance is working!!! Students who attended Math Targeted Assistance last year showed greater growth than in 2016 (5.1 points versus -0.4 points).
Any student needing help can attend one of the following support classes during 8th period:
- Grade 6 meets Monday through Friday with Ms. Garcia
- Grade 7 meets Monday through Friday with Ms. Ingham
- Grade 8 meets Monday through Friday with Ms. Mazzie
- Algebra I meets Monday through Friday with Ms. Blackwell
- Geometry meets Monday through Friday with Ms.Westerfield
- Algebra II meets Monday through Friday with Ms. Lynn
We appreciate the service of National Honor Society members as tutors in both the math and writing support programs.
Cohort Graduation Rate
SUSSMAN-MILLER EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE FUND Due:
Students attending out-of-state schools or in-state private schools: Monday, April 23rd, 2018, 4pm MDT
Students attending New Mexico state public schools: Monday, June 18th, 2018, 4pm
– Must apply to CNM as Beginning Freshman
– No GPA requirement
– Write up to 1,000-word essay on leadership qualities
– Must be athlete
– 500-800 word essay on past/current job and ideal future job
– no minimum GPA required
NM School Scholarship Pages (including Bridge and Lottery information):